Overcoming Learning Disabilities:
I have created this site to bring you hope and to give you valuable information that will help you in your quest of overcoming learning disabilities.
Big changes in any area are not easy - they don't just happen because we wish them to be so. But when we combine sustained effort, encouragement, and brain research-based techniques to individual learning difficulties - the results over time can be dramatic!
I invite you to explore this site and learn all you can about learning struggles. It is most likely not a "lack of motivation" or a downright refusal to learn. There is a "root" problem behind the "fruit" or behavior that you observe.
Once you know where the difficulties lie, then a plan can be implemented based on individual needs.
Isn't it time we help individual students instead of expecting all people to learn in a traditional manner?
Mission Statement:The purpose of this site is to empower parents and students of all ages to face tomorrow with confidence and competence in their ability to learn.
Welcome to Overcoming-Learning-Disabilities.com!
- Learning Success Blog
- Stay up to date with all additions and changes to overcoming-learning-disabilities on this blog. Subscribe right here.
- Overcomer's Digest
- The Overcomer's Digest is a free newsletter designed to help parents and teachers
- Reader Survey: How Can We Help?
- Please take a minute to complete a reader survey and tell us how we can help you by providing information targeted to your needs.
- Contact Me
- Do you have questions or comments? What would you like to see added to this site?
- Definition Of Learning Disabilities
- The definition of learning disabilities may surprise you. Contrary to popular belief, those with learning disabilities....
- Types of Learning Disabilities:
- There are many types of learning disabilities. The key is to discover exactly which you are facing so a program can be designed to overcome....
- Nonverbal Learning Disability: What Is It?
- A nonverbal learning disability is characterized by several specific areas of difficulty, including trouble with comprehension...
- Dyslexia Symptoms: Red Flags of Learning Problems
- Dyslexia symptoms cover a wide range of learning difficulties. Learn more about what to look for here.
- Math Learning Disability: When Solving Problems Just Doesn't Add Up
- A math learning disability may involve many varied brain functions. That's why it is important to know exactly where the weaknesses lie, so proper support can be given.
- What is Dysgraphia?
- What is dysgraphia? Difficulty with written language can create a lot of frustration in a student...
- Symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder
- Symptoms of attention deficit disorder may affect learning at home as well as at school. How do you know if ADD or ADHD is the problem?
- Intelligence Test: About the WISC-IV
- An Intelligence Test, such as the WISC-IV, is valuable because it highlights a person's potential for learning.
- Educational Therapy: What Is It?
- Educational therapy is an program of intense intervention, not unlike occupational therapy or speech therapy. The difference is...
- Parenting Help: Support for parents of LD, ODD, angry or unmotivated kids
- For parenting help to be truly effective, it must offer truthfulness as well as solution based intervention to difficult challenges. It is important to.....
- Problem Teenagers: What Can A Parent Do?
- Problem teenagers turn into problem adults if their issues are left unadressed. Find out what parents and teachers can do to help.
- Specific Learning Disability
- A specific learning disability may be revealed as struggles with auditory, visual, memory or processing issues. What program can help?
- Some Types of Learning Disabilities
- Some types of learning disabilities may display in symptoms of anxiety and extreme frustration....
- Dyslexia Treatments: Brain Research-Based Therapy
- Dyslexia treatments may be many and varied. But how do you know what really works? Read one mother's story about successful intervention for her son....
- Reading Disability: What Can Help?
- A reading disability is very frustrating to a student, parents and teachers. What is effective to reverse this problem? Here is one parent's story of their journey...
- Susan Boyle: Overcoming and Inspiring
- Susan Boyle has an inspiring rags to riches story - because she had guts enough to act on her dream. She became an overnight sensation....
- Brain Foods: Choices for Optimal Brain Power
- Brain foods contain essential nutrients for proper fueling of this ultra important command center.
- Foods To Improve Memory: Top Ten Picks
- Foods to improve memory are not difficult to find, but provide a powerhouse of nutrition for the brain. Learn and remember better by eating more of these foods that improve memory....
- How To Improve Memory: Top Ten Ways to Improve Memory Naturally
- Want to know how to improve memory naturally? Don't miss this
- Shay's Story: A Powerful Truth About Our Two Choices
- Shay's story is powerful and will be a reminder of the choices we make every day. Don't miss this!
- Famous People With Dyslexia: Do These Household Names Surprise You?
- There are many famous people with dyslexia. Isn't it amazing that these brilliant people have a learning disability in common?
- Talking To Your Baby: How To Build A Strong Language Base For Your Child
- Talking to your baby has a number of benefits that many people don't know about. Here's why it is critical for you to engage your baby everyday in conversation.....
- Benefits of Reading Aloud: Fun Activities to Make Reading Fun For Kids
- The benefits of reading aloud to your kids are unfathomable. But don't let that stop you! Check out these fun activities to encourage your child's love of reading,,,,
- Sight Word Games: Reading Fun For Kids
- Sight word games are the best way to teach common words to kids. Here are some fresh, creative ideas for the child in your life....
- Memory Exercises: Boost Memory Naturally With These Techniques!
- Looking for memory exercises? You can boost your brain power naturally with these techniques to improve memory! Read more....
- Memory Supplements: Five Supplements to Improve Your Memory
- Can you buy memory supplements that are safe but effective? Check out these amazingly available items to add to your diet that can improve your memory....
- Techniques To Improve Memory: Flex Your Memory Muscle!
- Looking for some Ninja techniques to improve memory? Just like other muscles in your body, your memory needs consistent workouts to reach its potential and stay strong....
- Improve Memory Skills: Live With Less Stress!
- The multiple benefits you'll see when you improve memory skills may well amaze you. Of course, most people realize that a more robust memory means less wasted time.....
- Games To Improve Memory: Painless Ways to Enhance Recall!
- Remember the popular matching games to improve memory that you played as a child? The trick was to try to......
- Vitamins For Memory: Here's What You Need for Optimal Brain Function
- Vitamins for memory can come from your food..Diet can play a huge role in your brain health as well as the overall health of your system. You can help your brain protect you from oxidative stress by
- Teaching Quotes: Inspirational Quotes for Teachers
- Teaching quotes can inspire you when you need encouragement as a teacher, or you want to inspire the favorite teacher in your life, this is the resource for you!
- Improve Brain Memory: Natural Ways To Improve Memory
- Looking to improve brain memory? You've come to the right place! Learn how to improve memory naturally without harmful drugs....